What are you doing this next season? Are you looking for a chance to use your skills and education in real life? Looking to gain valuable work experience? Do you want to make a significant, transformational impact on people’s lives globally? Intern with Intrinsic.
Intrinsic is a small startup company seeking to eradicate poverty & oppression through business. We work directly with artisans in developing countries to create products that we market here in the U.S. By providing them with a job and fair income, they have the means to create a new future for themselves.
As an intern, you'll help with the crucial role of marketing our brand and products online so we can continue to provide jobs for the communities we work with.
Intrinsic is made up of the founder, Steven, and a handful of volunteers. We operate remotely and virtually from different parts of the country. There is no physical office, which allows us to keep our prices reasonable and provide as much to our artisans as possible (roughly half our sales is paid directly to artisans).
You will work within a small, effective team of about 3 interns. Living in the Los Angeles / Orange County area of California is preferred, but not required. We will have 2 online video meetings a week, with in-person meetings every 2 weeks (if you're local).
You will receive personal, one-on-one online training in marketing within your specific skills. Throughout the semester you'll receive projects that challenge you to develop your expertise, while having a significant impact on those living in poverty.
Our internships allow you to unleash your creative potential. Hone your skills in what your good at, or try something new that you've always been interested in - all in a real world setting of marketing for a company. At the same time, all your work helps to impact lives halfway around the world. Here are some of the roles you could fill:
- Writing - write blogs, product descriptions, journal articles, and emails
- Graphic Design - design for our website, fliers, emails, social media, product packaging, & clothing
- Social Media - update & interact with our audience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, & Pinterest
- Photography - Organize models & setup photoshoots for our products
- Videography - Plan, shoot, & edit promo videos, mixing your own shoots with raw footage from Africa
- Currently enrolled in college OR recently graduated within the past year OR working part-time
- Local to Los Angeles / Orange County at time of internship preferred (required for photography or videography interns)
- Able to meet twice a week for online video conferencing
- Self-initiator and go-getter who can manage your own schedule
- Passionate about addressing issues of poverty and human trafficking